You already have a belief about education.
Is it merely about an imparting of pedagogical information from one person to another, or is it more?
Is the adult the sole decision-maker?
Is education the drilling of skills?
- Do you aim to understand the learner at their core?
- Do you value and encourage curiosity?
- Do you impart respect for diversity?
- Do you help the child see themselves as a valuable member of a community?
- Do you allow the child to lead, contribute, and collaborate in their learning?
What about you as facilitator?
- What is your role?
- Do you reflect and expand from your experiences?
- Are you knowledgeable about a variety of educational philosophies?
- What is your understanding of ableism and its effects on chronically ill/disabled and neurodivergent individuals?
- Are you trauma-informed?
- What informed decisions do you make when it comes to education?
What are your core beliefs about education?
- Honoring the Child
- Planning the Home Education Year: Part 1 – Outlining Your Beliefs
- The Fine Line Between Remediation and Fostering a Child’s Differences