The number one question I receive is what to do about motivation. The child is either unmotivated or is easily bored. ⠀
I don’t believe in forcing children to do anything.
The child’s resistance in learning is a message.
What is that message?
- Do they need more breaks?⠀
- Do they need a different approach? ⠀
- Is the work at their developmental level?⠀
- Is the curriculum a right fit?⠀
- Do they need more variety? ⠀
- Or, do they need less? Less subjects to tackle in a day? Less “school” hours? Less pressure?⠀
It’s OK to take a step back to asses the situation for a few days. ⠀
What is the child resisting?